Monday, December 14, 2009

Simmering

After I finish writing a peice, I let it sit for at least 2 weeks, sometimes more, to 'get away' from it long enough so that when I go back and read it I can "see" better. "See" as in: where a point is not clear, inner dialog that needs more filling out, a scene that should be longer/shorter, where something works/doesn't work, etc.

It's amazing what a couple of weeks does for my vision.

Christmas time is an automatic. Usually, I work through holidays -- nothing stops me -- except family issues ( which, as any writer knows both feeds and kills the muse ). ABSOLUTION is simmering now, waiting for me to return and read it and make above mentioned corrections before sending it off for editing.

Then production!

YAY!!

Contemplaing cover ops now....

3 comments:

Chicki said...

Very true. What's really scary is reading a manuscript you wrote years ago but never submitted! I have two that I'm trying to decide whether or not to rework them. I've learned so much about writing since then, it might be better to burn them ...

jenniferlaurens said...

Oh maaaan, do I feel ya. Yep, have a few of those me'self.

tereasa said...

So happy Abs is wrapped up, Kath, and can't wait to read it. I like to simmer my work too, but lately things are just cooking in my head. Like for when I do get time to write it down.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year!
Tere

Post a Comment