Saturday, October 22, 2011

~Barnes & Noble Authorpalooza~


My son and his wife and my grandbabies stopped by to say hello.



So today was my first ever author event. I've spoken at various functions, but this was my first signing experience. It was pretty darned fun!

The highlight was meeting readers who'd come to the event just to meet me. THAT. WAS. FABULOUS.

It was fun interacting with other authors, too, and just being in a bookstore is always a good thing.

Some of the authors were seasoned at this routine, including my tablemate, YA author Joy Spraycar.

What I learned: that these events are nothing to fear. I was pretty hesitant to do something like this, but I wouldn't hesitate again. The crowd was warm and it was very upbeat.

What I'd do differently: I wish the event hadn't been on a day when so many other big events were going on in the community, but I didn't have any control over that.

The Heavenly hardcovers were the hot sale item! Everybody LOVED the artwork. That was cool.

Overall, the Authorpalooza was a positive experience. There's nothing like meeting people you've chatted with and "met" through your books! That was really outstanding.

Looking forward to the hop next week!


Read and let read~


Jennifer

7 comments:

roro said...

cool day out

Diana said...

It was great meeting you at the event today, Jennifer. I'm really looking forward to reading Heavenly. And yes! Those covers are awesome!

jenniferlaurens said...

Nice meeting you, too, Diana! Let me know how you like the book x x x

Katrina W said...

Oh wow !! Looks fab so wished I was there ! and yes the hardcovers would be a treat !!! Love the pictures and so glad it turned out well !!

love katrina ;)
x

JoAnne Kenrick said...

sounds like you had a lot of fun, and your first book-signing was a huge success! Grats xxx

Lynnea said...

Jennifer,
I'm glad I got to meet you at Barnes and Noble. I purchased Overprotected, read it that night and loved it. Now I think I need to go back and buy Heavenly, I loved the cover :-)
Thanks!
Lynnea

jenniferlaurens said...

Lynnea, thanks for coming to the event. Glad you loved Overprotected! I hope you'll leave your review on Goodreads and especially on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.com...that helps! Let me know what you think of Heavenly :)

Post a Comment